- About Us
- Office Of the Governor
- Office Of The Deputy Governor
- Ministry Of Agriculture and Livestock
- Ministry Of Culture, Gender, Youth, ICT, Sports and Social Services
- Ministry Of Energy, Environment, Forestry, Natural and Mineral Resources
- Ministry Of Education, Training and Skills Development
- Ministry Of Finance, Economic Planning & Revenue Management
- Ministry Of Health and Sanitation
- Ministry Of Lands, Housing and Urban Development
- Ministry Of Roads, Public Works & Transport
- Ministry Of Trade, Industry, MSMES, Innovation and Co-operatives
- Ministry Of Water and Irrigation
- Contact Us
COMMUNITY LEVEL INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT
PROGRAMME (CLIDP), PRO-POOR FEE SUPPORT PROGRAMME,
AND SAND DAM PUBLIC PARTICIPATION MEETING
The County Government of Kitui hereby notifies the residents and
stakeholders of Kitui County that it will be implementing the Community Level
Infrastructure Development Programme (CLIDP), along with the Pro-poor fee
support beneficiaries’ identification and identification of sand dam sites for
the financial year 2023/2024.
The CLIDP projects are designed to promote equitable development across
all 40 wards and 247 villages in the County. These projects align with the 16-
sector priorities for the development and transformation of Kitui, as set in H.E
the Governor Dr. Julius Makau Malombe’s Manifesto. The public will identify
and prioritize CLIDP projects during the public barazas.
The Pro-poor initiative is a flagship program aimed at ensuring increased
access, transition, and retention of learners, ultimately enhancing educational
performance in the County. This program provides financial fee aid to
economically disadvantaged pupils and students who are identified through
public participation barazas.
The sand dam program aims to provide water for various purposes, including
irrigation development, domestic use, and environmental greening. The
identification and prioritization of the sand dam sites will be carried out
through public participation forums at the village level.
Therefore, we kindly inform the residents and stakeholders of Kitui County
that the public participation forums for the identification and prioritization of
CLIDP projects, as well as the identification of pro-poor beneficiaries and sand
dam sites, will take place simultaneously on the Thursday 26th of October
2023 at 9:00am in all 247 villages. The venue for each meeting will be
communicated by the respective Village Administrator.
Come and participate in the development of Kitui County.
Peter Gitonga Nkunda
County Executive Committee Member
Overseeing the Departments in the Office of the Governor.