CEC, Ministry of Agriculture, Water and Livestock
Kioko Kiilu KasaMBA
Our Core Values
- Formulation and review of County agricultural policies and regulatory framework.
- Implementation of national and county agricultural policies and legislations.
- Development and evaluation of County agricultural programs and projects.
- Provision and facilitation of agricultural extension services.
- Management and control of crop pests and diseases.
- Management and monitoring of food security in the county.
- Support and ensure availability and timely supply of high quality crop seeds or planting materials and other farm inputs.
- Soil and water conservation.
- Collection and dissemination of agricultural and market information.
- Promotion of market access and value addition for agricultural products.
- Promotion of better farm business management practices.
- Enforcement of regulations and standards on quality control of agricultural inputs and produce.
- Training and management of agricultural training centers.
- Provision of agricultural mechanization services.
- Facilitation and promotion of accessibility to agricultural credits.
- Promotion of public and private sector partnerships in agricultural development.
- Formulation and review of county water and irrigation
- Implementation of national and county water and irrigation policies and legislations.
- Development and conservation of water resources.
- Water provision both in towns and rural areas.
- Irrigation development and management
- Formulation and review of county livestock policies and legal framework.
- Implementation of national and county livestock policies and legislation.
- Development and evaluation of livestock production and health programmes and projects.
- Livestock extension services.
- Animal disease control and prevention.
- Artificial insemination and breading services.
- Enforcement of livestock movement and animal health regulations.
- Abattoir and slaughterhouse services.
- Livestock markets and marketing.
- Formulation and review of county fisheries policies and legislation.
- Implementation of National and County fisheries policies and legislation.
- Development and evaluation of county fisheries programmes and aquaculture.
- Fisheries extension services.
- Fisheries monitoring, control and enforcement of fisheries regulations.
- Fish health certification and trade licensing.