Go to top
- To formulate policies and legislation of the department for consideration by county assembly.
- To provide conducive working environment that is clean and secure in order to promote high standards of professionalism in administrative services
- Establish the principles of governance and management of urban / town centers in line with the national legislation.
- To establish fire fighting services and disaster management units.
- To control drug abuse and pornography.
- To ensure proper use of materials and human resources.
- To coordinate county ministries’ functions for effective and beneficial services delivery
- To monitor and co-ordinate the process of planning, formulation and adoption of the integrated development plans by towns within Kitui county.
- To ensure coordination and participation of communities for effective exercise and participation in governance where women, youth, minority and the disadvantaged people groups participate equally up to local/village levels as we create awareness on devolution to the people of Kitui county.
- To hold and facilitate trainings, seminars and workshops for capacity building.
- To establish a county inter governmental relation structures to ensure peace and harmony along our borders.